With Tyler's first birthday right around the corner, my wallet is breathing a sigh of relief! Adios Enfamil, hello whole milk.Yesterday was Tyler's first encounter with good ole' MILK. It was suggested to me that I slowly ween him off formula by substituting a few ounces of his formula with milk, so that it wasn't a total culture shock. Let's face it, after 8 months of constant super-sweet (smelly, if you ask me) formula, milk could potentially be a total turn off. Anyway, his morning bottle consisted of 4 ounces formula, 4 ounces milk. He didn't even bat an eye. Surprised? I was. I thought that because it was cold and not just room temperature, that he would surely inspect his "ba-ba" to see what this strange, foreign tasting, cold liquid was. But NO, it was down the hatch! Hallelujah! I love success, especially when it comes as a surprise. His night time bottle was 2 ounces formula and 6 ounces milk and went down just as smoothly! Today was all milk.
I really can't believe that this day has already come, although, this is a day that I welcome with open arms. The cost of milk is far more favorable than formula. And to think, there is a "next step" formula for use up to 24 months! My vote, No Thank You! Toddlers have been drinking milk since who knows when and have developed just fine. So here's to you Bessy the Cow, keep it coming. Tyler loves it! And so it goes...



No comments:
Post a Comment