Saturday, amidst the heat and thunderstorms, Tyler, Maddie and I set out for the park. I had a little treat in store for the kiddies. I had done my trial run at Tyler's Birthday Cake the night before and decided I would let the little ones chow down on the finished product. Of course, we HAD to go to the park to eat the cake because there was no way I was going to allow a frenzy of cake at my house. I know, I'm a freak, but between the mess, the dogs and the potential ants it could attract, the park just seemed like the perfect alternative. So off we went.I spread the sheet on the ground, disrobed the kids and let them go to town. Madison is experienced in the cake department, that was clear to see. Tyler was the complete opposite, almost intimidated by the cake. I won't digress, as the cake testing is a whole separate story in itself. I will say this, before Tyler could even get one corner down, Madison was "all done Jo-Jo". I thought it was odd at first, as she never turns down cake, but "all done" was shortly followed by "Jo-Jo, let's go swing". I made the mistake of parking right across from the playground and she wasn't going to let me forget that. Thankfully, Tyler wasn't really into the cake thing, so I was able to wrap it up without a fuss. It was just in time too, as the army of ants were marching in just as we were marching out. After a quick cleanup and redressing, we made our way to the swings.
It wasn't until I was actually putting Tyler in the swing that I realized that this was his first time in a swing (aside from his swing in the Living Room at home). Good thing I had the camera!!!! Surprise, surprise....he loved it! The higher I pushed him, the bigger the smile and the louder the giggle! I can't believe he went 11-1/2 months before his first swing ride! We got to enjoy the swings for about 20 minutes before the thunder started and it was time to head for cover. I guess I know what Santa is sending down the chimney this year. And so it goes...



2 comments:
You are an amazing mother and Aunt. I love reading your new posts. Wish I could be there to celebrate Ty's first birthday, missing yall bunches. Everytime I show BH a new picture he just smiles and says wow mom he is getting BIG, I said yes well that's what happens, look at you!! Tuesday was a hard day for me, he started middle school and told me no more hugs and kisses at school mom. UGH!! miss yall lots and please give big kisses from NC. lee and BH
Looks like he had a blast! But he is always happy. Such a good lil boy. ♥
Post a Comment