Monday, March 1, 2010

Silly 'Dill'

I can now take full credit for at least one thing in Tyler's life.....his love for tart foods.

I, myself, am a lover of limes and lemons. I can eat a whole one in just minutes, right down to the rind. The more sour, to me, the better! This seems to be a trait that my son has picked up. A few nights ago at dinner, after watching Tyler from the across the room, the waiter finally came up and asked us if he was eating a lime. He sure was. The waiter implied that we "weren't right" by giving it to him, but he was enjoying every bit of it and I wasn't about to try and pry it away from him. This wasn't his first lime and I'll put bets on the fact that it won't be his last. The funny sour faces were present during the first few chomps (even Tyler chuckled along with us when he made the faces) and then it was down to business. There was very little pulp left when he was done with it.

Today, I was eating a whole dill pickle, another one of my favorites, and Tyler was clearly interested in what I was indulging in. So what did I do? I gave him his own. He enjoyed every bite, right down to the stem, again, only giving the sour faces in the beginning. The rest was pure satisfaction to him.




I certainly can't complain about this preference of sour over sweet! I'll trade cavities for Vitamin C any day! And so it goes...

5 comments:

jen said...

that last pic is too cute!!

Kailyn's Mommy said...

Too funny!! What a face!

Anonymous said...

Thats pretty darn funny his acquired taste for tangy- tart treats at such a young age. Glad you had the camera on hand!

Unknown said...

Can you please print me a copy of the last face!! I freaking love him

Anonymous said...

i love it, priceless....