Monday, November 23, 2009

Spoon on the Side, Please!

We have been working with Tyler ever so slightly on teaching him to eat with utensils. Again, not pushing it, just letting him explore and have fun with it. The below video is from a couple of weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting it. He's begun to get the hang of it, sort of. We cheer if he scoops a bite onto the spoon. If the bite actually makes it to his mouth, our excitement is much louder. Something tells me, like with everything else, he will instantaneously become a natural at it and the messy meals will be a thing of the past. Until that day, I will be standing with my hand/face/whatever else needs to be wiped down-rag in hand, patiently waiting for him to empty his bowl so that I can clean him up. And so it goes...

1 comment:

jen n said...

doing really well with that spaghetti!!