Monday, July 20, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

We've all heard it: "I see Mommy" or "I see so much of Daddy" or the ever so common: "He looks just like you", but, seriously, is this one a clone?

Since Day 1 of Tyler's life [literally Day 1, since Kim brought David's newborn picture with her to the hospital] everyone has always said how much he resembled David. I thought he looked nothing like me, mostly due to the fact that he was born with a head full of hair. I was just the complete opposite, as I did not "sprout" any hair until after I was a year old. And, when I say "sprout" there is no exaggeration. Now that he is 10 months old, I thought I might be gaining some credit to birthing him [not to mention the 9 months I carried him around] because I thought maybe, just maybe, he has my eyes. Well, not so much. He may have received the light eyes from me, as mine are a shade lighter than David's, but as I rummaged through David's baby pictures, I learned that he had big baby blues too! He is a spitting image of his father, even down to his toes! [Aunt Steph & Aunt Leah know exactly what I'm talking about]. Recently, I was told that his mouth is the same as my niece, Madison's. I was almost convinced of this until, again, I saw his baby pictures. Same smile, same eyes, same nose, same head of hair, and from what I've been told, same temperament. So, what does all of this boil down to? Well, of course it means that he's going to go from being the cutest baby on earth to being quite a handsome man! *wink*wink*

The proof is in the pudding, therefore, here are a few pictures for you to enjoy, courtesy of Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Carlson. Thank you! If you click on the pictures, they enlarge so that you can see them better. And so it goes...

4 comments:

jen nelson said...

holy cow!!! are sure you had anything to do with that baby making!!!! lol thats amazing!! but i still do think that one pic he looks just like madison!! :)

Kailyn's Mommy said...

holy crap!!! They looks SO MUCH alike!!! that's crazy!!
i still see a tad bit of you in him at times! ;o)

sandy huebner - phillips said...

WOW Jodi - spitting image of David! I feel your pain. I am going threw the same thing. I look daily for something that Kaylynn will look/ act like me - nothing yet!!! She is a clone of her father to.

I hope when you have the girl she will be an exact clone of you!!! Wink Wink.

Evelyn said...

Wow and all this time I thought he looked like you. yep spitting image of his dad Lol