Previously, we fed Tyler from his Bumbo seat. The Bumbo seat, aside from being the best thing ever invented for babies who can't quite sit on their own yet, alleviated the need for us to purchase (& store, which is my biggest thing) a highchair until now. The only thing that has changed is that Tyler has now figured out that if he pushes himself backwards in the Bumbo, his legs come loose and he can almost twist right out of the darn thing, practically giving me & David a heart attack every time he did it. So I broke down and went and bought him a highchair.Thankfully, highchairs are not near what they used to be. At the time of my baby shower, I didn't register for one, mainly because I didn't want to have to store it for all of this time. Well, well, well...much to my surprise, highchairs now fold and store flat, just like a step-ladder. Not to mention, they are much more fashionable than I can remember them being when I was a youngin. I let Tyler sit in the one that I liked, while we were at the store, as to "try it for size". I know, I know, a highchair is a highchair, but I just wanted to make sure it was perfect! I ended up picking the one that matches the rest of his set, and what do you know, it actually matches my Dining Room decor quite well!
I couldn't wait to get home, set it up and feed him dinner, which is exactly what I did. At first, he acted a tad bit confused, but as soon as he saw his dinner bowl and spoon, it didn't matter what he was sitting in. All in all, mealtime is much less stressful for all of us now. And to think, I thought this day would take forever to get here. And so it goes...



No comments:
Post a Comment