Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Egg-cellent First Easter

Today was Tyler's First Easter, and what a day it was. Our little guy received lots of goodies, including new toys and an outfit from Aunt Stefi, a new Piggy Bank accompanied by lots of plastic eggs filled with "piggy bank fillers" from Pops & Grammy, a new bathing suit, hat and clothes from Mimi & Pop-Pop, a singing, dancing & hopping Peter Cottontail from Ted & Deanne and an Egg with more "piggy bank filler" from Grandma & Grandpa Carlson. Thank you to everyone! Not necessary, but certainly appreciated!

We started the day out by going to Aunt Sue & Uncle Jerry's for Easter Brunch and to celebrate Grandpa Bob's Birthday. Yummy yummy, brunch and cake, what a treat! We were supposed to go to Grandma & Grandpa Carlson's for an early Easter Dinner, but Tyler went down for a nap when we got home from Aunt Sue's, so Daddy went alone. I usually would have no problem waking him up, putting him in the car and going, except that we attended a wedding last night, which was a late night for Tyler and he has also been sick for the past couple of days, so I figured it was best to let him rest. I'm thinking it was the right choice, since his nap turned out to be 3.5 hours long. It was a nap well needed.
Lastly, what's Easter without the Easter Bunny? I took Tyler to see the Easter Bunny on Friday and, of course, he had to be dressed for the occassion. Off we went, bunny ears and all, to see the Easter Bunny. I'm taking full advantage of this situation, as I know one day soon, he will be old enough to remove certain things if he does not want to wear them, so I'll continue as long as I can. Besides, it's more fun that way. And so it goes...







No comments: